GENEALOGY-DNA-L ArchivesArchiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2003-11 > 1068067369
From: "Debby Peare" <>
Subject: [DNA] Questions about R1b, H and celtic
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:22:50 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Ok....been following this R1b subject....
my questions are these.....
1) Is R1b (Y-DNA) an equivalent to haplogroup H (mtDNA)?
2) Is haplogroup H considered celtic?
3) And what mtDNA groups are considered celtic, if any?
4) What areas in Europe are considered "celtic" in origin?
5) and, is there any truth to a rumor that a lot of celtic people (or
Proto-Celtic) might have be from semetic roots or from the "10 lost tribes
Warm Regards from rainy Maine,
|[DNA] Questions about R1b, H and celtic by "Debby Peare" <>|