From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Questions about R1b, H and celtic
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:23:22 -0800 (PST)

Answers to below:

1) No.
2) No.
3) None in particular.
4) Depends on definition.
5) No evidence in support of this hypothesis that a reasonable person would find compelling or even likely (IMHO).

Hopefully someone has more time to provide a detailed answer - but to do the question(s) justice it would require the investment of a lot of time. I have to go and dodge bullets in South LA now.

David F.

Debby Peare <> wrote:
Ok....been following this R1b subject....
my questions are these.....
1) Is R1b (Y-DNA) an equivalent to haplogroup H (mtDNA)?
2) Is haplogroup H considered celtic?
3) And what mtDNA groups are considered celtic, if any?
4) What areas in Europe are considered "celtic" in origin?
5) and, is there any truth to a rumor that a lot of celtic people (or
Proto-Celtic) might have be from semetic roots or from the "10 lost tribes
of Israel"?

Warm Regards from rainy Maine,
Debby Peare

To join and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records, go to: