From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Questions about R1b, H and celtic
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:23:22 -0800 (PST)

Answers to below:

1) No.
2) No.
3) None in particular.
4) Depends on definition.
5) No evidence in support of this hypothesis that a reasonable person would find compelling or even likely (IMHO).

Hopefully someone has more time to provide a detailed answer - but to do the question(s) justice it would require the investment of a lot of time. I have to go and dodge bullets in South LA now.

David F.

Debby Peare <> wrote:
Ok....been following this R1b subject....
my questions are these.....
1) Is R1b (Y-DNA) an equivalent to haplogroup H (mtDNA)?
2) Is haplogroup H considered celtic?
3) And what mtDNA groups are considered celtic, if any?
4) What areas in Europe are considered "celtic" in origin?
5) and, is there any truth to a rumor that a lot of celtic people (or
Proto-Celtic) might have be from semetic roots or from the "10 lost tribes
of Israel"?

Warm Regards from rainy Maine,
Debby Peare

www.davidkfaux.org