From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Celtic Haplogroups
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:30:01 -0800 (PST)

Very good. I was waiting for someone to come up with this very astute question. The answer - true, but R1b decreases in a cline from west (e.g., Spain) to east (e.g., Poland). I could just as easily have picked Switzerland or Poland instead of Norway - and there is no historical evidence I know of that the Swiss or the Poles went "a Viking".

David F.

wrote:
But, didn't the Viking raiders often take captives after sacking an Irish
seacoast village? Some certainly were male children who grew up in Norway, thus
the presence of R1b there today.

Len

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: