From: Shane <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b and Celts
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:50:39 -0600

On 11/5/03 4:37 PM, "" <> wrote:

> Thank all of you for responding to my question about the "Celtic" haplogroup.
> Our profile is two steps off what one of you has identified as R1b
> haplogroup, so does that mean we are NOT of the R1b haplogroup? Connee

> To join Ancestry.com and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records, go
> to:

You probably are R1b. You don't have to be an exact match. I'm actually 3
steps off from the most common haplotype. R1B is far from an exclusive club.
There are many R1B sub groups that have yet to be sorted out, unfortunately.
It's those subgroups that show the best promise at determining my ancestors.

This thread: