From: "Gary Rea" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic haplogroups
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:12:38 -0600

Hmmm....interesting. I have traditional documentation of my Scots-Irish
heritage, but, according to your allele values for DYS390 and DYS391, I'd be
something other than "Celtic," which I find difficult to believe. My
alleles, respectively, are 26 at DYS390 (two steps off) and 10 at DYS391
(one step off). If that makes me "AMH 1.15+," then what does that mean,
exactly? What is AMH 1.15+, anyway?

By the way, not to nitpick, but a light-year is a unit of distance, not time
(the distance light travels in the vacuum of space in a year's time).

Gary Rea
Project Administrator
Rea Surname DNA Project