From: "Barra McCain" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Questions about celtic/and Saami People
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:42:55 -0600

Unfortunately I know very little about them. I have read a bit. I love
their art work, culture, etc., really very nice indeed. Ever since I was a
child I have been fascinated by them. Something to do with what Tolkein and
C S Lewis called the Northern Thing (their term for Celts, Norse,
Anglo-Saxons, Finns, the Saami, etc., all those people of the North and
their lore, what the Greeks called the Hyperboreans).

But there you go, you have something you can add. Do some research for us
all. I would love to see what the Lapps, or Saami are testing. That would
truly be a fascinating part of our shared European history. This can be
your calling. What would the dominant Y chromosome type be with them?

I have never travelled to Scandinavia nor Finland, yet I have always wanted
to. There are rumours I am heading that way, work related. I am looking
forward to it.

The moment you get some hard data on the Sammi, do post it. I for one am
interested.

Mr Tweedy

This thread: