From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic and Atlantic Modal Cluster
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:51:17 -0800 (PST)

Gary Rea <> wrote:
>According to this, anyone who is AMH 1.15+ is in the Atlantic Modal Cluster, >and that is still considered to be "Celtic.":

I really don't know how many times John, Shane and I as well as others must state the obvious, relecting the work of Semino, Wilson and many others that R1b (AMH, AMC, or whatever - take your choice) is found across Europe. All studies agree (this is not a subject of any controversy whatsoever among the cutting edge researchers in the field). To repeat, R1b is found throughout Europe - it is not just Celtic. If most Bavarians are R1b, then are you going to make them "honorary Celts" - they are in no way Celtic by any stretch of the imagination - but they are majority R1b.

There seems to be a simplistic view prevalent here that is being fed by the people at Oxford Ancestors who will find a willing audience to uncritically accept their "Celtic seal" on the 10 marker haplotype, present customers with a fine looking certificate (worthy of framing as a work of art) attesting to the "fact" (but which is entirely worthless as far as a scientist such as myself is concerned since it does not take into account the complexities in the matter and the wealth of information available in the literature).

David F., Rb1, but not Celtic.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: