From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1bs, etc...
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:01:37 -0800 (PST)

Barra McCain <> wrote:
>I will tell our fans something interesting.

>In my own DNA surname project... I had a High Resolution Match. But even
>before I knew of this DNA match... I had seen photos of the family that I
>matched to, they were from the other side of the Big Water. I was shocked a
>the similar physical appearance. Same hair, eyes, look, way of standing,
>facial features.

Oh dear oh dear Mr. Tweedy. I am far to narcissistic to be a fan of anyone but myself.

Must I state the obivious, that the Y chromosome carries no genes which could influence physical features (other than maleness). If you notices a similarity with your Y match, then you are looking squarely at conicidence in the face. It is just as likely that you will see a true resemblance in any of your ggg grandparents. There is nothing special from a phenotypic point of view (the characteristics you may have inherited that are expressed and can be detected) about the ggg grandparent who provided you with your Y chromosome. Coincidence Mr. Tweedy - nay, nothing more.

David F.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: