From: "ernest hurst" <>
Subject: [DNA] J2 Haplogroup
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:02:48 -0500

I'd be real interested in learning more about the J2 group that Jeanne
Arguelles asked about yesterday. About the only thing I've found is on
Charles' site (and several others) where it says:

"This lineage originated in the northern portion of the Fertile Crescent
where it later spread throughout central Asia, the Mediterranean, and south
into India. As with other populations with Mediterranean ancestry this
lineage is found within Jewish populations. The Cohen modal lineage is
found in Haplogroup J2."

Does anyone know more about this group, or know where I can find a little
more detail?

Ernie Hurst

This thread: