From: "Barra McCain" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic and Atlantic Modal Cluster
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:19:05 -0600

I think it is good to point out that Celts were never herded into little
peripheral provinces of the Isles.... that they did stretch from the Aran
islands west to Turkey, that's quite a broad area. There are Celtic place
names across central and eastern Europe. And we know that these early
European populations were Rb1. Hence the Celtic paradigm still holds.

The whole point is the Celtic people developed from this early European
population. The need to deny that Celts are reflect a high percentage of
Rb1 is a thankless task. Celts, Rb1... one and the same. Sure there are
some additional factors. But don't try to negate the rather marvellous
advances we have made in the our understanding of early Europe. Simplistic?
Some things are thankfully simple.

Mr Tweedy (who really must go do some real work today, so chat on 'mo
charide' I am out of here for awhile... but I leave you a very Celtic AMH)

This thread: