From: "maurice sherman" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic haplogroups
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:15:53 -0800

Who knows??? One might get an idea of what they looked like by
referencing a photo in "An Illustrated History of Europe", Frederic
Delouche, General Editor, Barnes & Noble, 2001 wi/arrangement by Castle &
Cook, p. 41. A picture entitled "A Ritual Chariot", and the description
"Small threating figures on a ritual chariot made of iron, found in the
necropolis of Hallstatt in the Austrian Alps. This site, unearthed in
1824, was an important mining centre and a trading-post for commerece
between central Europe and the Mediterranean." This book is an excellant
overview of the period "From the Tundra to the Temple" as one section of
the book is entitled. Check it out and I think you will find an excellent
general reference book for the developement of Europe.

identify them differently from say the Welsh.??

-----