From: "Steven C. Perkins" <>
Subject: [DNA] Haplogroup distribution in Surname studies
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:06:36 -0500

Hello:

Most people think Parkins and Perkins are Welsh names. I know I did when
I started our study. Afterall, my Father and his twin were named Denval
and Densal, rather Welsh names. However, with some hints from John
Chandler, I found this was not true. In following the Celtic Haplogroup
thread, I looked at the current Parkins and Perkins suggested haplogroup
assignments. Here is what I found:

13 I1b, 13 R1b, 6 R1a, 1 G, and 5 unassigned (those five appear to be a
family group).

Does anyone with over 20 results have an outcome where 80% or more of the
results are assigned to the same haplogroup? I wondering about the
average haplogroup diversity in the surname studies.

Regards,

Steven C. Perkins

This thread: