From: "Lowe DNA" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Haplogroup distribution in Surname studies
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:03:29 -0600

Steven..

In our Stephens-Stevens SURNAME study at FTDNA...out of 19 participants and
13 kits analyzed, we have the haplogroups...
10 R1b's (76.9%)
2 E3b's (15.4%)
1 R1a's (07.7%)

In our experience, if SURNAME coordinators believe their Anglicized SURNAMES
are of European derivation before their project(s) are initiated...then you
may be in for pleasant surprises like we have to learn our Stephens-Stevens
are not entirely European......

Bill