From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Newbie list
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:50:00 -0800 (PST)

Hello all:

We have passed this way before. The decision was to nix the idea. The previous discussion will be in the Archives.

Many people have stated that my comments have assisted them in their research. For those in my surname projects I have a whole host of downloadable articles to assist the participants in interpreting their results - but I also offer my two cents, and include the interpretation on my websites for each project.

I do hope that newbies find assistance here. I cannot possibly field all questions. There seems to be an unwritten protocall where we long -term and / or science types take turns addressing questions. Generally this works well. What I can tell you is this is my one and only List. I belong to none other. I would not sign up for a newbie list. I don't have the time or inclination to be the resident "expert" for such a site. I would wonder who would step into the fray when I can barely keep up with the flood of (welcome) postings from this one List.

David F.

Roy Hutchinson <> wrote:
This year long newbie votes no! I rarely participate but I have learned a great
deal watching.

The experts have always been kind to address questions. Even repeatedly. They
are appreciated.

He who asks questions of a fool gains a fool's knowledge.

Roy

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: