From: Amelia <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Haplogroup A
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:35:24 -0800

A = Aiyana. It's one of the World Clans (outside of Europe). It's usually
Native North/South American or East Asian. My husband is also Haplogroup
A. What are your mutations from CRS???? He has 4 mutations: 111T 290T
319A 362C.

According to the diagram we received from Oxford Ancestors, Aiyana is an
off-shoot from Lara (Africa), along with Xenia (West Eurasia and N/S
America), Nene (East Eurasia), and Naomi (Central and West Eurasia).

The world clans listed on the diagram are: "Mitochondrial Eve", Layla,
Lungile, Latifa, Lubaya, Lila, Limber, Lingaire, Latasha, Lara, Lamia,
Lalamika, Malaxshmi, Emiko, Gaia, Chochmingwu, Djigonasee, Makeda, Nene,
Xenia, Aiyana, Naomi, Ina, Yumi, Fufei, Helena, Velda, Jasmine, Tara,
Katrine, Ursula, Una, Uta, Ulrike, Uma, Ulla, and Ulaana.

At 10:05 PM 11/6/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Which of the 7 daughters of Eve does Haplogroup A come from? It isn't one
>of the 7.

This thread: