From: Shane <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic haplogroups [haplogroup origin]
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:31:12 -0600

> Yes, the UEPs for subgroups occur after the primary one. Take a look at the
> YCC chart for R1b. All the sub-haplogroups R1b1, R1b2, etc. share the P25
> mutation, but each sub-haplogroup has an additional mutation which is not
> found in
> the other subgroups. That demonstrates that P25 is older. The levels on the
> YCC chart can tell you the order in which mutations occurred, but not exactly
> when.

Ann,

Has there been anything published yet that relates haplotypes with these new
subgroups? I guess what I'm asking is, we know R1b has its typical haplotype
scores, do we know of typical scores for these subgroups? I'd like to be
able to compare my results against these new subgroups.

Shane

This thread: