Subject: [DNA] different surname WILKINSON
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:47:53 EST

In a message dated 11/7/03 12:55:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:
Also, some surnames change through the generations, and often there are
"soundex" matches: E.G., Humphrey, Umphry, Amfrey, Omfrei; Umphreyville,
Amfreyville, etc.
I've got one of those in AL between 1800 - 1900. My g-g-g-grandfather is
listed as Asa Wilkinson at a probate hearing on one day and as Asa Wilkerson on
another day. He has land grants as Wilkinson, Wilkerson, Wilkison, and maybe a
few more spellings. We do have his Bible and he spelled it WILKINSON -- and
there is a Wilkinson DNA group researching the line.

Grant W. Johnston, Chico, CA

This thread: