From: "Max Heffler" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] 25/25 match - different surname -- or major spelling or translation change over time
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:11:45 -0600

I have also found that some sons of my great-grandfather used my
great-grandmother's maiden name since Jewish marriages were not recognized.
Thus I would expect Y-DNA of any males of those lines Y-DNA to match my
Heffler DNA. So even after surnames were imposed, there were additional
surnames in the DNA pool.

--
Web sites I manage:
www.texsys.com - Personal home page