From: "Roger Newman" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Haplogroup A
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 19:37:26 -0800

My mtDNA is 5 mutations. 111T, 223T, 290T, 319A, 362C

The mtDNA line is Skagit Native and then to I believe a Tsimshian Native
from British Columbia. How a Tsimshian woman found her way into the Skagit
Tribe I don't know. Maybe slave trade that was going on at the time. I know
that the Northern Tribes made visits to Puget Sound. How often the Puget
Sound tribes made visits north I don't know. I do know the Puget Sound
tribes feared the Northern Tribes.

I also have Snohomish and Cowlitz on my mothers side but not in her mtDNA
line. I'm thinking about seeing if some of my mothers cousins would be
interested in DNA testing to check the mtDNA lines, unless you know that all
Puget Sound tribes are Haplogroup A, I won't brother with it.

Roger
Shelton, Washington