Subject: Re: [DNA] Public vs Private
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 23:19:47 EST

In a message dated 11/7/2003 8:14:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:
<
How do you know if your Haplotype is common or not? Is there a (easy to
understand) website with info on the various Haplotypes and how common or
uncommon they are?

Okay, we are getting beyond my expertise. There are others on this list who
can guide you to the website for the Haplotypes, etc. But one way that you
will know is if you get lots of matches when you set your "switch" to public.
Some people get no matches at all. My husband's results have been in for about
6 to 8 months and he has not one match, even at 12 markers. And if you
search for his recent and ancient origins the closest is 8/12.

Julia

This thread: