From: "Padre Oquendo" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Interesting EA Article
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 06:32:23 -0400

Thanks for the link to the article.

However, I disagree with the Euro or US centrism
of an article that doesn't include a wider perspective:
how does that bear on the EA which the first people
from Central America, South America and Carribbean
America (outside of English influence) come up with?

We have ONE possible ancestor who may have been an
English or Scots slave and who probably was born circa
1730 if not before, ONE... She is eight generations
back in my father's mother's line (crisscrossing from
male to female lines three times over the centuries.
I don't see how that one female can give me 24% EA when
I was expecting none - rather around 25% to 30% NA
(Native American, not North!)

I suggest we need an international study that includes
many nations of non English background and especially
the Latin American countries who still hold most of
the first people of the hemisphere and their heavily
mixed breeds...

Still unsatisfied... elpadre