From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: [DNA] Interesting EA article
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:56:46 -0500 (EST)

Malcolm:

Your message piqued my interest enough to read this whole article. It
turns out that the author's case studies are VERY DIFFERENT from what we
are led to believe by his opening two paragraphs, which speak ONLY of
"Indian-American roots" and "men, women and children from the Indian
subcontinent." In fact, most of his examples appear to be people from
the "East Indies"--quite a different category. And, they would, as you
say, test as "East Asian," if we could rely on DNAPrint's assumptions

Still, the genetic contribution of these very, very few people could
hardly account for the significant percentages of "EA" being found, in
great numbers of people, of all races, in North America and elsewhere.
This is a "drop in the ocean."

Ray Whritenour

This thread: