From: Amelia <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Haplogroup A
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:29:57 -0800

Roger:
Nope, no water! :)
As for getting more NA involvement in DNA projects, I think there's still
the very strong inherent fear of what others will do with the
information. There's a very large mistrust of government and databases.
I think if maybe there was a project through the tribal museums... and
results would be kept to only museums and the individuals involved, it
might work. Otherwise, we'd run into problems with enrollment, per capita,
etc. - at the very least.
Some tribes have started requiring paternity testing prior to enrollment,
but that's only a slim few.
There shouldn't be too much resistance to mtDNA testing, but I think Y-line
testing would be strongly avoided. ...just my opinion.
-- Amelia

At 01:41 PM 11/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Amelia,
>
>I hope you didn't drink the water in City of Shelton, we are still boiling
>it. As for teeth I lost them long ago, so I can't get them checked. I had
>exchanged e-mail with and with another man with the same
>match in the FTDNA database whose mtDNA was from the NA in Puerto Rico.
>Interesting how wide spread DNA travels. Wish more NA get involved so we
>could get a better picture.
>
>Roger

This thread: