Subject: [DNA] Various haplotypes in one family
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:09:28 EST

Hello -- I enjoy reading this list, and was wondering about something. I am
in the process of having the haplogroup of my mother's father tested through
one of my male cousins. So far, each of my grandparents has come out a different
haplogroup -- H, J2 and K. I suspect the last one will also be different.
So -- knowing that I am descended from all those groups, would I just label
myself as the dominant haplogroup I received from my mother -- H, although it's
only one-fourth of my heritage? Does my father's K and J2 have equal
importance?
Just something I've wondered about -- and would enjoy seeing other's comments
on.
Regards.
Tia Chang

This thread: