From: "Debby Peare" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Various haplotypes in one family
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:59:16 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Sorry....I just noticed I left out something here.....

This sentence: If, you are related by his father being your father's brother
then
it'll prove that indeed, he's related to your father. (Not necessarily to
you, unless you have a paternity test taken.).....
should include: then a Y-DNA test will prove that indeed he's related to
your father.

And this sentence: If, he's related to you by his
mother being related to your father....then an mtDNA test can prove HIS
relationship to your father because his mother & father have the same mother
and the same mtDNA.... but your's will be from your mother....so, a
paternity test will prove your relationship to your father.......
should say: because his mother and YOUR father have the same mtDNA.

Warm Regards from Maine,
Debby Peare