Subject: [DNA] Re:Zimmerman-Carpenter sharing 25-marker matches
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 18:08:08 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2003 9:11:10 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:
Charles wrote:
> 1. Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Carpenter share a common male ancestor which
> predates the use of surnames.
In my own case, Samuel Zimmerman, born ca. 1750 in Germany, changed his name
to Carpenter after arriving in the United States. There are deeds in North
Carolina which substantiate the name change.

The name Zimmerman, literally translated, means "room man," or carpenter.

I would expect my branch of Carpenters to match the Zimmerman cousins who did
not change their names.

Mary Fern

This thread: