From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y chromosome haplotype "I"
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:58:52 -0800 (PST)

"Annie, The WritingTeacher" <> wrote:
>All of the Eastern haplotypes "native" to the Ukraine for
>33,000 years have gone to Western Europe by 10,000 years ago. So that >R1a1
>which started out in the Ukraine with I, now comprises a majority percentage
>of Basques and Celts as well as Scandinavians. With the M17 mutation, the
>origin goes back to Central Asia by way of Ukraine West, and India before
>Central Asia (51,000 years ago). Central Asia opened up 40,000 years ago >and was on the route to W. Europe.

Annie: You must have left something our or made a rather large error. R1a1 is not found in most of Ireland or the Basque country at all. Zero percent in most regions in this part of the world (and not much more for I). Do you mean R1b? If so, then I don't at all understand your point. Sorry.

David.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: