From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic - Pictish Haplogroups in Shetland
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:29:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello Gaila:

My website for the Shetland Y-DNA Project is
www.davidkfaux.org/shetlandislandsY-DNA.html .

In addition to details about the project, the actual data from the surnames, research studies of relevance, etc. - I have included information on two unusual haplogroups that may be found - G, as noted previously; and Q (found in an unpublished study) which may reflect a Greenalnd Inuit contribution.

By the way, if anyone has already had Y-DNA testing, and is of Shetland descent in the Y line, I would like to hear from them and inlcude their data on my site.

Thanks for your interest.

David F.

Gaila & James Merrington <> wrote:
David,
Do you have your Shetland Island research information online anywhere. I
think I have mentioned my husband's paternal line is Dalziell from Aisthing.
I haven't found any Y cousins from that line but I would be very interested
in your study.
Regards,
Gaila

www.davidkfaux.org