Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic haplogroups [haplogroup origin]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:01:18 EST

In a message dated 11/07/03 6:28:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> Has there been anything published yet that relates haplotypes with these
> new
> subgroups? I guess what I'm asking is, we know R1b has its typical haplotype
> scores, do we know of typical scores for these subgroups? I'd like to be
> able to compare my results against these new subgroups.

The closer you get to the present, the smaller the chance of differentiating
subgroups based on haplotype. Dennis Garvey compiled some data from one paper

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dgarvey/DNA/y_bosch.htm

Be sure to look at the complete data set (link at the bottom of the page),
where you'll notice that the same R1bx haplotype can be found in more than one
group.