From: Shane <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celtic haplogroups [haplogroup origin]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:01:47 -0600

Ann,

I took a look at the website and the one haplotype that matches my scores is
simply listed as R1b. I don't know if this means it is R1b or if the right
haplogroup is yet to be determined. Being 3 steps off on 12 markers for the
typical R1b, I would have thought indicated another subgroup. Perhaps I
don't fully understand this yet.

> The closer you get to the present, the smaller the chance of differentiating
> subgroups based on haplotype. Dennis Garvey compiled some data from one paper
>
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dgarvey/DNA/y_bosch.htm
>
> Be sure to look at the complete data set (link at the bottom of the page),
> where you'll notice that the same R1bx haplotype can be found in more than one
> group.
>
> Ann Turner - GENEALOGY-DNA List Administrator
> Search or Browse the archives, Subscribe or Unsubscribe at
> http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/Miscellaneous/GENEALOGY-DNA.html

This thread: