Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS 390, 391, 392
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:57:08 EST

In a message dated 11/10/03 3:25:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,

> There were 16 matches with difference at DYS 392 = 13
> 14 matches with difference at DYS 391 = 11
> 1 match with difference at DYS 390 = 25 (Zeeland)
> Can someone help me interpret these results in reference ethnicity? Do
> DYS 390, 391, 392 have any specific indications? Greatly appreciate!

No, you can't really say much, except that DYS393=13 and DYS391=11 are more
common than your values. In fact, those are the modal values for both R1a and
R1b, and probably the ancestral values as well. So you might be able to say
that the first person with your haplotype lived more recently than the founders
of R1a and R1b, but that doesn't narrow the range very much!