From: "Alan Derriscott" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] ancient DNA
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:48:20 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:34 PM
Subject: [DNA] ancient DNA

Dear Ann

You wrote:-

> This abstract from PubMed seems to imply some success in analyzing nuclear
> DNA from ancient remains. I don't have access to the journal to see how
much
> they were able to do. The autosomal STRs were possibly the FBI CODIS
markers,
> used to uniquely identify a person.
>
> Int J Legal Med. 2003 Nov 8 [Epub ahead of print].
>
> Genetic analysis of human remains found in two eighteenth century Yakut
> graves
> at At-Dabaan.
>
> Ricaut FX, Kolodesnikov S, Keyser-Tracqui C, Alekseev AN, Crubezy E, Ludes
B.

> Laboratoire d'Anthropologie Moleculaire, Institut de Medecine Legale, 11
rue
> Humann, 67085, Strasbourg, France.

***
Prof. Christine Keyser-Tracqui did the research for the extended haplotype
YSTR D/base for Strasbourg;
also the extended haplotype YSTR D/Base for Mongolia ; and presented
scientific paper No.015 at the
YSTR Workshop III in Porto, November 2002, A Comparison of Y-chrom. and
autosomal STR data
in past and present-day Mongolian populations.

The summary of the paper mentions biallelic patterns for DYS19 being present
in contemporary samples,
but not in the Mongolian ancient ones of about III B.C. to III A.D.

Best wishes, Alan.

Alan J.Derriscott,
Wallasey, Wirral, England,
<>