From: Flanagan <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464 / new primer
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:21:23 -0500

I'm not a geneticist [wishing more and more that I were] but I do have
access to the article. This is part of what the article says about how
they arrived at the mutation rate.

3.3. Mutation-rate estimate We analyzed DYS464 in 70 meioses from
confirmed father/son pairs. As shown in Fig. 4 we identified two
mutations. Considering peak height as a quantitative indicator of
the allele copy number, the genotypes of father/son pair #1 were
13?14?15?18 and 14?14?15?18 and those of father/son pair #2 were
14?15?17?17 and 15?15?17?17.

The samples were taken from 205 individuals, consisting of 135 unrelated
men and 70 sons. Hope that this helps folks a bit.

Gary F.

--
Abdul-Salaam Gary MacRuaidhri O'Flannagain

http://flanaganfamily.org

This thread: