Subject: Re: [DNA] mtdna mutations
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:46:01 EST

Jackie: I, too, have a similar situation with folks not wanting to be
contacted re: their mtDNA that matches mine. I believe that it could be due to
various situations: Not wanting to be contacted by strangers; illness that would
prevent them from answering your e-mail, etc.; and possibly a language
barrier. Each of us has the mtDNA or Y-chrom done for different reasons.....and
often it isn't particularly for genealogical reasons...although that is why I had
mine run...and also just out of curiosity (way back three years ago!). I hope
this explanation helps a bit. It may not be that they are particularly
"secretive" but just can't correspond about it.

Barb By.

This thread: