Subject: [DNA] Is this an R1b profile?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:12:31 -0500

Hello list,

I've been following discussions regarding the R1b haplotype among David Faux and others on this list. As the coordinator of the Morehouse surname project, I'm just getting into the technical aspects, but have learned enough to suspect (and FTDNA also suspects) that the unique Y signature for our surname looks like R1b, but varies from the "classic" profile. I'd welcome any comments or analyses from list members. BTW, the family seems to have originated in Yorkshire.

Here's the profile:

DYS 393: Alleles 14

DYS 390: 22

DYS 19: 14