From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Is this an R1b profile?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:31:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello Dave:

I am really just beginning to understand the "pattern analysis" approach to "seeing" a R1b or whatever profile. My two cents is that in most respects the scores are indicative of R1b, except DYS390. Generally here you would find allele numbers of 24 or 25 (24 being the Atlantic Modal Haplotype value). Your 22 is what seems to be "throwing things off".

David F.

wrote:
Hello list,

I've been following discussions regarding the R1b haplotype among David Faux and others on this list. As the coordinator of the Morehouse surname project, I'm just getting into the technical aspects, but have learned enough to suspect (and FTDNA also suspects) that the unique Y signature for our surname looks like R1b, but varies from the "classic" profile. I'd welcome any comments or analyses from list members. BTW, the family seems to have originated in Yorkshire.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: