Subject: Re: [DNA] Match - Definition
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:46:03 -0500 (EST)

Colin wrote:
> I need help in understanding just how a match is defined. I had a 25
> marker test done by FTDNA and was told that I matched another individual
> at the high resolution level with a two-step mutation. Comparing their
> results and mine I find we differ at five loci by a allele value of one
> in each case. Those loci are and the corresponding values are:
>
> DYSMineHis
> 390 2425
> 459a 8 9
> 464a 15 16
> 464b 1617
> 464c 1617
> 464d 17 18

I note that your values for DYS464 are all different by 1. That leads
me to ask when your test was done. If it was before May, and if you
haven't fetched a copy of your results since then, you need to increase
all your DYS464 values by 1. FTDNA changed their nomenclature in May
to accommodate the new convention.

John Chandler

This thread: