From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] BBC, the Celt Map, and Some Rethinking
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:25:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Shane:

Your questioning is, in my view, very healthy. I worry about those who have fixed notions - considering the state of the art and science.

Rather than reply to you personally, since the posting was to the group, I will include a page from my website where I go over my rationale in relation to the data. Naturally I expect that some may criticize my reasoning, but so be it. The page is .

Hopefully someday soon we will make sense out of the buzzing confusion.

David F.

Shane <> wrote:
I'm with you David.

My interest in ancestry has changed from the relatively recent times to a
pursuit of Iron age Europe. I'd be interested in how you've arrived at your
ancestors location before the Viking area. It might help me with mine.

I guess I'm going through a skeptical period right now. It seems like the
more I learn, the less I know. What seemed cut and dry last year is now just
one of many possible scenarios. All seem equally plausible. I believe you
are probably right about the most direct path being the most likely. But,
you just never know.

To join and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records, go to: