Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Does anyone match these FTDNA markers?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:44:10 -0500

Charles,

Thank you for the information.I will check this out.This is still pretty new to me so I am reading and comparing the information posted here.

My DNA Markers match only one other participant on the George Surname DNA site,and he is a known distant cousin.We descend from a common ancestor,our greatx4 grandfather Solomon George,1757-1830.We do not match any other participants,some of whom indicate a genealogical descent from a man believed to be our direct ancestor,supposedly our greatx8grandfather,Nicholas George Jr., 1625-1700.

I have begun to wonder if my greatx5 grandfather,William George 1724-1787, was the genetic son of his mother,Rebecca, maiden name unknown,but not the genetic son of her husband,Thomas George1701-1748.One letter refers to William as the eldest child.

Most Cordially,
Gregory George

This thread: