From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Hidden Adoptions and False Paternity
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:08:13 -0500

Gregory,

Hidden adoptions and false paternity did happen on occasion. Of the nine
known to be related males in my surname project (from prior traditional
genealogical work), one male had a completely different haplotype. Thus
he is legally related to the surname line, but biologically his Y
chromosome is not related to the progenitor of the line in the USA. See
results for Kit 3074 in my surname project website.

http://www.kerchner.com/kerchdna.htm

Charles

wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Thank you for the information.I will check this out.This is still pretty new to me so I am reading and comparing the information posted here.
>
> My DNA Markers match only one other participant on the George Surname DNA site,and he is a known distant cousin.We descend from a common ancestor,our greatx4 grandfather Solomon George,1757-1830.We do not match any other participants,some of whom indicate a genealogical descent from a man believed to be our direct ancestor,supposedly our greatx8grandfather,Nicholas George Jr., 1625-1700.
>
> I have begun to wonder if my greatx5 grandfather,William George 1724-1787, was the genetic son of his mother,Rebecca, maiden name unknown,but not the genetic son of her husband,Thomas George1701-1748.One letter refers to William as the eldest child.
>
> Most Cordially,
> Gregory George

This thread: