From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Does anyone match these FTDNA markers?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:19:21 -0500

Gregory,

Also, be sure your public/private switch in your personal information
page in your account with FamilyTreeDNA.com is "unchecked". The default
is to have that block "checked", i.e., set for private. Log in to you
account and see what it is. If it is "checked" then no matches will show
for your results when compared to others in the FamilyTreeDNA.com
database. "Uncheck" the public/private switch in your account, and save
that update, and then maybe matches will show up for you in the
FamilyTreeDNA system. If it was checked, uncheck it and then check for Y
chromosome matches to see if any matches show up.

Charles

wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Thank you for the information.I will check this out.This is still pretty new to me so I am reading and comparing the information posted here.
>
> My DNA Markers match only one other participant on the George Surname DNA site,and he is a known distant cousin.We descend from a common ancestor,our greatx4 grandfather Solomon George,1757-1830.We do not match any other participants,some of whom indicate a genealogical descent from a man believed to be our direct ancestor,supposedly our greatx8grandfather,Nicholas George Jr., 1625-1700.
>
> I have begun to wonder if my greatx5 grandfather,William George 1724-1787, was the genetic son of his mother,Rebecca, maiden name unknown,but not the genetic son of her husband,Thomas George1701-1748.One letter refers to William as the eldest child.
>
> Most Cordially,
> Gregory George

This thread: