From: Philip Ritter <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP test
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:20:54 -0800

I had reported earlier that my SNP test did not confirm my estimate of
group I. After testing for most other possible haplogroups, FTDNA redid
the SNP test for P19 (a SNP that defines group I) and decided I was
positive for I after all. When I asked what happened, I was told "The
simple answer is that the technician misread the results and called the
result as negative for you guys." This suggests that there were others who
were misread as negative on P19. In the end I turned out to be exactly as
my STR's suggested, a descendant of the ancestor of group I.

At 11:08 AM 11/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>After getting results for my great Uncle, my father and my husband Family
>Tree DNA has suggested they all belong to R1b. I am curious if anyone has
>gotten the SNP test after being told they are R1b and have actually had
>different results? In other words has their suggestion been wrong?
>Patricia

>To join Ancestry.com and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records,
>go to:
>http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=571&sourceid=1237

This thread: