Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP test
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:31:33 EST

In a message dated 11/12/03 10:09:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> After getting results for my great Uncle, my father and my husband Family
> Tree DNA has suggested they all belong to R1b. I am curious if anyone has
> gotten the SNP test after being told they are R1b and have actually had different
> results? In other words has their suggestion been wrong?

I don't recall an instance of R1b being wrong, but I posted a message
recently about R1a turning into R1b. You can find that in the archives.

Were any other haplogroups suggested when you allowed more mismatches? How
close are you to the modal haplotype for R1b given on Dennis Garvey's website

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dgarvey/DNA/RelGenMarkers.htm