Subject: Re: [DNA] JORDAN project puzzle
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:07:55 EST

In a message dated 11/13/03 5:10:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> these are my results.....6 testees from our surname project , only 6 of us
> had the 20 at dys-447, which seems to be as much as 5 off the norm....

I took a quick look at the JORDAN DNA results.

<A HREF="http://jordannctoal.homestead.com/files/DNA_table_102203.HTM">http://jordannctoal.homestead.com/files/DNA_table_102203.HTM</A>;

With 6 of you getting the same result, that's pretty strong evidence that
your "20" is not a result of a lab error or a "clerical mutation" (assuming the
individuals have double-checked their own results in the table). It is
certainly a big change from the modal value for DYS447, but you won't be able to tell
whether it was a big event or a gradual accumulation of changes from a prior
haplotype. Either way, it is very distinctive for descendants of the Rev.
Robert Jordan. If you find other Jordan lines which are close matches on everything
except DYS447, you can revisit the situation.