From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] Importance of "The List"
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:33:51 -0800 (PST)

A wonderful site Lloyd, and has been duly bookmarked. Considering all the resources kindly recommended by members of this List on the subject, it is time to start a "Celtic folder".

It occurs that if it were not for the combined expertise of members of this List in DNA and related topics, despite my formal training in medicine and science, I would still be "limping along", and "in the Dark Ages". It is only by virtue of the direct assistance, suggestions (e.g., recommended journal articles), and lively debate, that I have made good progress so quickly. I suspect that I would still be amazed at how dead on accurate my DNAPrint results were had it not been for the results of others reported here that lead to my ultimate conclusion that it was just a coincidence. It was the example of others on the List that spurred me on to start my own website, and gave me the confidence to start a geographical project for the Shetland Islands (Y and mtDNA). Thanks to all, and particularly Ann for taking on the daunting challenge of orchestrating this invaluable forum.

David F.

wrote:
Have a look at the following site for "Ancient through Modern Times in
Celtic History.

http://www.celticcrossroads.com/

Lloyd

www.davidkfaux.org