Subject: Re: [DNA] Blue mongol eyes
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:19:55 EST

In a message dated 11/15/2003 9:53:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Can you explain your description.
> >My matern. twin cousins have very unusual
> > blue eyes, to me ,they look Russian , maybe ,its
> >the shape that is unusual ??

When I lived in Hawaii, everyone thought I was part Japanese. I also have the
slanted, almost Asian eyes, but they're blue. I've had a lot of people ask me
what my ethnic background is -- most think it's Filipina, Japanese or Thai.
I've always wondered about it, and that was, in part, what propelled me into
the whole DNA issue.
My father's mtDNA is K -- but I came out very garden variety H, with only the
16519C variation.
How likely is it that Genghis Khan actually left such a trace, and that it
would be picked up so much later?
Tia

This thread: