From: "Philippe NITHART" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Pay for others' DNA tests
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:13:24 +0100

I am just facing the same problem, even with young people. There is a sort
of fear that such an intimate data will go public as it is usually used for
decease discovery, rape affairs etc. Even offering to pay for the test does
not work on some people I know well.
Can we say/write that the part of the gene used for genealogy dna testing is
nolt the same as for sickness researche or criminal affairs or something to
that effect?
Philippe