From: "Penny Ferguson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Getting participants to join and then follow through
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:25:01 -0500

The best touch I know is to use a personal way to gather dna from people.
I met a gentleman the other night with some friends. He had traveled from
out west to come and gather some dna samples here. He had the kits with
him, and was going to go visit the people he wanted tested. He has never
failed to gather the samples he wants that I know of. If you can't travel
and do this, maybe finding someone you can trust in the area to do it for
you would create a higher success rate at gathering these samples. Also,
this gentleman knows for sure that it is the dna he wanted. I heard of
someone who happened to think it would be so very funny to test the next
door neighbor and say it was his, and send it back.
My brother told me he swabbed his dogs mouth and sent it in. :) However I
don't think it would have come back R1b if he had.
Penny Ferguson

This thread: