From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] Haplogroup I
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:17:25 -0800 (PST)

Malcolm: The probable reason why Family Tree DNA (as well as myself) contest your assertion about haplogroup I is plain and simple - because you are entirely wrong. I base my assertions on the weight of the research literature, none of which agrees with your perspective. I presume you have read the papers by Semino et al., Weale et al., Capelli et al., and Wilson et al. If you have, are you contending that they are all "out to lunch"?

David F.

Malcolm Dodd <> wrote:
I have posted on more than three occassions to this list pointing out that
persons with an "I" haplogroup are most likely Saami, Croatian,German or
Polish and NOT of Viking ancestry. FamilytreeDNA contest my assertion and
still will not change their website information, and no one on this list has
supported me.

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: