From: "Gaila & James Merrington" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Value of mtdna
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:46:51 +1100

No it wouldn't help for a Smith project - ie I have 15 cousins on my
paternal side and between us we would have 5 different sources of MTdna.

Where MTDNA is potentially helpful, we have two Wilder brothers, c 1810, one
married a Goodwin and the other a Goodin. Since so many siblings married
sister-in-laws were also sisters.
Gaila